Sunday, November 20, 2016





 I'm not going to sit behind this computer screen and act like I have got my life together. Like my trials have been major and my struggles haven't created bags under my eyes and one too many tears at night. I can't sit here and tell you that everything is going to be peaches and cream and throw some encouraging scriptures, pat you on the head and send you on. I can't promise anything that is to come will bring nothing but happiness and satisfaction--- but what I can say is simple and comprehensible. 

I have had an incredible journey of ups and downs. It has been such a ride for me, at times I wished I could wake up from this ugly nightmare. Multiple times I have questioned if God was even listening to me. "God, can you hear me?" Sometimes it seemed like my prayers were merely words coming out of my mouth.

At my darkest moments a glimpse of light always shined through like the sun rising early in the mornings. I knew God hadn't forgotten about me. Why do I have to go through this, though?

As the "dry" seasons passed I quickly began to realize the purpose of each moment that soon faded. Purpose. Everything that happens has a unique purpose. The molding of a new me, the stretching into the form of a stronger, more steadfast me. At the most crucial times in life I had to learn where my faith, hope and strength were placed in. Were they placed in my hands or the Fathers?

Giving God full access in my life and complete control is the hardest thing I have ever had to do... and I am still learning how to do it. Throughout this time God has been with me every step of the way, leading me into His will and giving me peace beyond understanding. I have had to learn to trust the unknown. 

I just want to encourage anyone who is reading this to be persistent and push on. Incline your ear to God and He will hear you. If you are obedient to His plans the satisfaction and joy will be yours. Frequently remind yourself that everything has purpose. Even if it hurts for a moment, know that you joy is coming in the morning. (Psalms 30:5)

You got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment