Wednesday, January 18, 2017




YALL. Okay, I seriously just had to write this as soon as I could. I know my blogs are so sporadic, only because I don't want to just write because I feel an obligation to do so, but write when I truly have some heart and meaning to what I have to say-- and this is some good stuff because I was saying "amen" to myself in class thinking about my next entry.

Have you ever been rejected? Felt like you were inadequate? Compared yourself to someone else? Well, welcome to the life of Ashlea Calicott.

You name the problem, I have been there. Call out the situation, I've walked through it. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn but really just to encourage anyone out there that simply feels like they will never amount to anything. Whether this is in the eyes of God, the eyes of parents or even a significant other. The life that you are living has so much value, worth and beauty it's hardly containable. Who you are is so special because no one else can bring to the table what you have to offer.

I swear for years and years I have compared myself to other girls (guys, this can hit home for you as well). I have compared the looks, the body, the voice, personality, every little thing you can think of. This began to infest my mind, my very breath was words of confidence that was lacking and identity that had been almost ripped from my very being.

I was losing myself trying to find it in another person. But can I just say praise the Lord because at my weakest moments He has given me strength. At the point where I just wanted to throw in the towel and give up I had to realize the even though I have been let down, shoved, walked over and spit on, my Redeemer is on my side. Making those crooked paths straight, healing every wound that  may seem to get ripped open every other day, personally attending to my every need-- its beautiful. It's a great feeling. It leaves me speechless.

You make look at your situation, the way that you feel at this very moment and think that no one may truly understand, and no one really does, but you have to do yourself a favor, since no one else is going to, and get yourself out of the pit that is just tearing you down. You don't have to wallow in pity, feel ashamed, burdened, this can be released-- you can be set free.

Today is the day you move forward, it's the day you don't compare yourself, you don't settle for your worth. It's time to look in the mirror and see the reflection of an incomparable human. Today is that day. Move in confidence.

2 comments: